2011-07-17

FLAMENCO POP-ROCK



Dear followers:
I was thinking on how I could explain some particulars the Spanish Sixties Music has. One of them is what I call "Flamenco pop-rock" (FPR). The FPR started in the Sixties and today is listening in a lot of little pubs (see the image above: Pub Lennon at La puebla de Montalbán-Toledo), and popular festivities. In others blogs, writers say that this music started with Spanish singer Encarnita Polo. I suppose that if I say that, thanks to the FPR, we can put together since Peret to Kiko Veneno, since Encarnita Polo to Juncal y sus Calistros, or since Bambino to Massiel, most of them do not agree with me. "Acid Rumba", "Gypsy Grooves", "Rumba ye-yé", or "Flamenco ye-yé" are just few names this music received. And also I suppose that everyone takes this kind of music in his own way. Anyway, as historian that I am, I can not forget its existence, and high importance in the Spanish sixties and seventies scope. FPr embraces a lot of music styles and brush them with a flamenco touch, since english covers to Spanish folk songs.
You have below few examples of the amplitude that this music had, an has. I will follow labelling FPR in the future.
Enjoy all these beautiful songs!


Encarnita Polo - Paco, Paco, Paco (1969) Download
Enlace
Kiko Veneno - Memphis Blues Again, 1995 (cover of Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again, by Bob Dylan, 1966) Download


Marisol - La Tarara Download


Juncal Y Sus Calistros - Tequila (1971) Download


Los Planetas covering "Podría volver" (2004) by Bambino (1985) Download



No comments: